June 2014: Zandri Swartz, sales executive for Cape Town’s premier conferencing destination African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa, has been named top sales person of the year at the Protea Hotels annual Sales, Marketing and Revenue Management Conference.
The awards ceremony was held after a two-day conference of the 120-plus Protea Hotels and African Pride Hotels Sales, Marketing and Revenue Management TEAMS in Cape Town this week.
Sales Director Dorcas Dlamini says Swartz’s unfailing drive and enthusiasm for her product and the brand had been among the chief reasons for the award.
“Zandri has built lasting relationships with all her clients and she is there whenever they need her, often working extremely long hours to ensure they get what they need. That commitment to exceeding their expectations goes to the heart of our service commitment to clients and GUESTS and Zandri is a shining example to her colleagues of how it should be done.”
Dlamini says African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa certainly has a winning TEAM, since Leanne MacCullum bagged the Marketing Plan Co-Ordinator of the Year award and Kim Weber the title of Revenue Manager of the Year.
Other reward recipients were:
- JUICED! Award: Innocentia Homu, Sales Executive for Protea Hotels Capital, Highveld and Witbank based in Centurion.
- Special Merit, International Sales Award: George Lennet, Sales Executive for Protea Hotel Umhlanga Ridge based at the Durban Regional Office.
- Special Merit, Sales Coordinator Award: Nobesuthu Msimanga, Government Sales Co-Ordinator in Centurion.
- Special Merit – Sales Executive Award: Veronica Brits, Sales Executive for Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Cape Town and Protea Hotel Sea Point based at Head Office in Cape Town.
- TEAM Spirit Award: Niza Dlamini, Sales Executive for Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge based at Head Office
- Sales Coordinator of the Year Award: Renee Woods, National Sales Co–Ordinator based at the Johannesburg Regional Office.
Dlamini says the Protea Hotels and African Pride Hotels Sales, Marketing and Revenue TEAMS are without doubt the most motivated in South Africa.
“They really do live their brands, and it shows in the longstanding client relationships they create and maintain. There’s no doubt that without their drive and enthusiasm we would not be the successful company we are today.”