Establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews. That’s the criterion for TripAdvisor’s annual Excellence Awards and 20 Protea Hospitality Group properties within South Africa have been named as recipients.
To qualify for the Certificate of Excellence, hotels must maintain an overall rating of four or higher, out of a possible five, as reviewed by travellers on TripAdvisor. Additional criteria include the volume of reviews received within the past 12 months.
The Protea Hospitality Group hotels to receive the awards are:
• African Pride 15 on Orange
• African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa
• African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel
• African Pride Mosselberg on Grotto Beach
• African Pride Mount Grace Country House Spa
• African Pride Pumba Private Game Reserve
• Arabella Hotel & Spa
• Protea Hotel Balalaika
• Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge Waterfront
• Protea Hotel Cape Castle
• Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Cape Town
• Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Melrose Arch
• Protea Hotel Franschhoek
• Protea Hotel Knysna Quays
• Protea Hotel Mossel Bay
• Protea Hotel North Wharf Waterfront
• Protea Hotel OR Tambo Airport
• Protea Hotel Stellenbosch
• Protea Hotel Victoria Junction Waterfront
• Protea Hotel Wanderers
Protea Hospitality Group CEO Arthur Gillis congratulated the hotels on their awards.
“It’s through positive customer engagement that awards like this are earned. The Protea Hospitality Group’s service ethos is to exceed GUEST expectations, and these hotels honoured by TripAdvisor have clearly lived up to this brand promise.”
This is the second round of TripAdvisor awards this year in which Protea Hospitality Group properties have shone.
In January the TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Awards 2012 were announced and besides Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Cape Town clinching second place in the “Trendiest Hotels in Africa” category, five other Protea Hospitality Group hotels also made the top 20 list.
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Cape Town was also voted 11th trendiest hotel in the world.
“Every property is unique, but they share two things – style and the highest standards of service. That said, it’s the Protea family, our STAFF, who are the heart and soul of the company and they truly deserve this sort of recognition,” said Gillis.